[linux-lvm] mirrored LV + cmirror problem

Jonathan Brassow jbrassow at redhat.com
Mon Feb 18 18:30:49 UTC 2008

That's the problem.  (C)LVM does not currently have a way to handle
the disappearance of a device from just one machine... it expects a
similar view of devices from all machines in a cluster.  "Locking" on
the second node fails because it doesn't know what to do with the disk
that it sees (that has been removed from the node suffering the
failure).

There is someone working handling orphaned/removed devices that
reappear (which would be similar to this case), but I'm not sure if
they've taken this scenario into account.  I'll let him know about this.

  brassow