[linux-lvm] duplicating a snapshot volume

I see that lvcreate cannot create a snapshot volume from another snapshot volume. It gives an error message about snapshots of snapshots being "not supported yet".

As an alternative, is there any way to duplicate (not snapshot) a snapshot volume, i.e. so the new snapshot shares the same source and accumulated differences as the original snapshot?

I assume copying the snapshot with dd would produce a flat, non- snapshot volume, but I want my copy to still be a snapshot.

Context: I'm running a bunch of Xen VM's. I have a base logical volume from which snapshots are made, one for each Xen VM. But I want to go one step further, with multiple snapshots per VM.

Troy