[linux-lvm] How to hide a "Linux LVM" partition away from Windows?

Ignacy Gawedzki lvm at qult.net
Mon Jan 21 14:49:44 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jan 21, 2008 at 07:31:11AM -0700, thus spake Joseph L. Casale:
> >I've been looking for the answer for some time now and it is apparently
> >nowhere to be found, so I resolved to ask it here.
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/179221

I've seen that, but I'm not sure it works reliably.  It seems more like a
cosmetic hiding, but I suspect any program might still easily access the
partitions (i.e. still not by directly reading the bytes on the block device).

Besides, it is rather annoying 1) having to do it for each partition by hand,
2) eating up drive letters for nothing and 3) to use with drive racks or other
removeable drives.

--
Save the whales. Feed the hungry. Free the mallocs.