[linux-lvm] is LVM cluster-aware?

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Fri Jan 25 15:33:28 UTC 2008

Bryn M. Reeves schrieb:

>> I don't want to add/remove/rename/resize/etc. any volumes - just access
>> them on separate machines.
>
> As long as you never try to update the LVM metadata from two nodes at
> the same time (e.g. add/remove/rename/resize etc. running on two nodes
> simultaneously) then this is fine, but there is no automatic prevention
> of this situation.

Thanks for the tips on clvmd and pointing to linux-cluster list archive
- I'm about to dig into it.

Are you 100% sure LVM metadata is not updated when I don't
add/remove/rename/resize/etc. any volumes?

I.e., won't lvs or pvs commands write or update some timestamps, for
example?

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org