Re: [linux-lvm] is LVM cluster-aware?

Bryn M. Reeves schrieb:

I don't want to add/remove/rename/resize/etc. any volumes - just access
them on separate machines.

As long as you never try to update the LVM metadata from two nodes at
the same time (e.g. add/remove/rename/resize etc. running on two nodes
simultaneously) then this is fine, but there is no automatic prevention
of this situation.

Thanks for the tips on clvmd and pointing to linux-cluster list archive - I'm about to dig into it.

Are you 100% sure LVM metadata is not updated when I don't add/remove/rename/resize/etc. any volumes?

I.e., won't lvs or pvs commands write or update some timestamps, for example?

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org