[linux-lvm] Re: Split LV mirror or something

There is no comment or answer?

On Sat, Jun 28, 2008 at 3:43 PM, Levy Abinajm Melero Sant'Anna <levy santanna gmail com> wrote:
Hi all,

I have one question about the LV mirrors.

Anytime that I think about LV mirrors I think that it should be the response for all the issues.
If I could control the mirrors in the way that I would know each PE location, and could split the PE mirrors on different LVs it would resolve almost the problems regarding LV migrations with more security and speed than snapshot and/or copy the data inside LV.

The question is:

I have one LV with some critical data, and want to make a safe copy with less time possible of downtime. Could I make one mirror on a new PV (lvconvert -m1) and split this copy into a new LV or/and maybe split the VG into a new VG?

Thank you so much,
Levy Sant'Anna

--
Lewis/Iceman/Levy