Re: [linux-lvm] Re: Split LV mirror or something

Dear Stuart and list,

I was thinking about snapshot and copy, but it looks like "less professional" than split a LV mirror.
I can explain: When I copy is difficult to say that I kept the same permissions and ownership; Different of a mirror, that the process really guarantee by itself that the data is still with the same characteristic.

Thank you all,

Google Talk! levy santanna gmail com
ICQ 12913566
MSN levy santanna gmail com
Meebo lewisgodus

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 11:21 AM, Stuart D. Gathman <stuart bmsi com> wrote:
On Wed, 16 Jul 2008, Levy Abinajm Melero Sant'Anna wrote:

> > I have one LV with some critical data, and want to make a safe copy with
> > less time possible of downtime. Could I make one mirror on a new PV
> > (lvconvert -m1) and split this copy into a new LV or/and maybe split the VG
> > into a new VG?

Why not take a snapshot, and copy that to an LV on new VG ?

             Stuart D. Gathman <stuart bmsi com>