Re: [linux-lvm] Re: Split LV mirror or something

Dear Stuart and list,

I was thinking about snapshot and copy, but it looks like "less professional" than split a LV mirror.
I can explain: When I copy is difficult to say that I kept the same permissions and ownership; Different of a mirror, that the process really guarantee by itself that the data is still with the same characteristic.

Thank you all,
--
Lewis/Iceman/Levy

Google Talk! levy santanna gmail com
ICQ 12913566
MSN levy santanna gmail com
Meebo lewisgodus

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 11:21 AM, Stuart D. Gathman <stuart bmsi com> wrote:
On Wed, 16 Jul 2008, Levy Abinajm Melero Sant'Anna wrote:

> > I have one LV with some critical data, and want to make a safe copy with
> > less time possible of downtime. Could I make one mirror on a new PV
> > (lvconvert -m1) and split this copy into a new LV or/and maybe split the VG
> > into a new VG?

Why not take a snapshot, and copy that to an LV on new VG ?

--
             Stuart D. Gathman <stuart bmsi com>