[linux-lvm] Wisdom of multiple disks in one VG

Larry Dickson ldickson at cuttedge.com
Tue Jul 22 16:07:27 UTC 2008

Perhaps I'm being unfair, but making valuable stuff depend on md raid1
scares me. We've had trouble when an event happens (i.e. primary goes bad)
and have had to do stuff by hand. For real peace of mind, I would think of
a backup strategy involving another system; snapshot is nice for that.
Perhaps your unused big disk could go on that system. Just a practical note.

Larry Dickson
Cutting Edge Networked Storage