[linux-lvm] ANNOUNCE: an experimental implementation of snapshot merging

Steeve McCauley steeve at rackable.com
Wed Jun 4 14:01:54 UTC 2008

Is this change meant to add cluster support for merging?  I had
been under the assumption that merging was already a feature of
snapshots.

What is the difference between the current implementation using
lvremove (which I assumed was where the COW blocks were merged back
into the original volume) and lvconvert as below?  Why was this
functionality not kept in lvremove?