Re: [linux-lvm] Server hangs when writing to LVM volume due to LVM Snapshots

Veselin Kantsev schrieb:
Hi Thomas,
I think I've misunderstood the concept of snapshots.

So If I have 7 snapshots of the same volume (created at different times)
and a file is changed, would the change affect all 7 snapshots or just the latest one created?

If the former, then I imagine changing a 1GB+ file, in my
situation will result in an unpleasant experience with the LVM snapshots.

Yes, writing 1 GB will in effect end up in writing 8 GB if you have 7 snapshots.

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org