Re: [linux-lvm] F7 will not boot after running backup w/snapshot

On 5/1/2008 2:15 PM, Gerry Reno wrote:
Why? What value is the old snapshot at this point?

? It holds all of the changes to your original (snapshotted) volume, so I imagine it would be pretty important to most people?

I'm not really understanding all the inner-workings of LVM, but now I can see why using a ram disk for an LVM snapshot might not be a very good idea for this one reason - it won't survive a reboot...

You just had a system reboot in the middle of a snapshotted backup so
all you need to do is get the system up, redo another snapshot and
retake your backup. I'm not interested in the old snapshot.

I would be... but thats just me...

--

Best regards,

Charles