Re: [linux-lvm] F7 will not boot after running backup w/snapshot

Charles Marcus wrote:
On 5/1/2008 3:37 PM, Gerry Reno wrote:
You just had a system reboot in the middle of a snapshotted backup so
all you need to do is get the system up, redo another snapshot and
retake your backup. I'm not interested in the old snapshot.

I would be... but thats just me...

It's like yesterday's newspaper.  Why do you need to keep it?

A wild guess... because the changes haven't been synced back with the original yet (which happens when the snapshot is released)?
My understanding is that the snapshot is a copy-on-write (COW) to the original volume. If that is not the case, then I guess things must have changed and I have some old information.

Gerry