Re: [linux-lvm] F7 will not boot after running backup w/snapshot

On 5/2/2008, Gerry Reno (greno verizon net) wrote:
This was part of my point about the ramdisk, in that other types of devices can also disappear not just ramdisk.

Sure - but a ramdisk is *much* more volatile than a hard drive... and data on a hard drive will almost *always* survive a reboot, where data on a ramdisk will *never* survive a reboot.

Personally, for me, the dangers of using a ramdisk as a snapshot volume *far* outweigh any questionable benefits...

--

Best regards,

Charles