[linux-lvm] Re: lvm partition on ramdisk

Larry Dickson ldickson at cuttedge.com
Mon May 12 20:05:37 UTC 2008

Continuing this frustration: I read in the pvcreate doc that you could tell
it to use a whole disk (instead of a partition). So I tried "pvcreate
/dev/ram0". With or without zeroing the disk, and with or without "--force",
and with any blocksize (1024, 2048, or 4096), the result is always the same:

  Device /dev/ram0 not found (or ignored by filtering).

I know /dev/ram0 is there; fdisk sees it. Is there any way to turn off the
filtering?

Larry Dickson