Re: [linux-lvm] Re: lvm partition on ramdisk

On Mon, 12 May 2008, Larry Dickson wrote:

>   Device /dev/ram0 not found (or ignored by filtering).
>
> I know /dev/ram0 is there; fdisk sees it. Is there any way to turn off the
> filtering?

It is filtered by default to prevent shooting yourself in the foot.
You can change /etc/lvm/lvm.conf (on EL5) to allow a ramdisk as PV.
However, you really need to understand the problems that will result from
a crash/reboot while a ramdisk is part of the VG before you do this.

--
	      Stuart D. Gathman <stuart bmsi com>