Re: [linux-lvm] lvm partition on ramdisk

I got the workaround - it crossed in the mail.

However, let me follow up your (and Stuart's) point. Are you saying that an unmounted LVM volume will mess up the boot, even if the volume in question is not mapped to boot or /? I was proceeding under the assumption that LVM would be happy to sew the pieces together again later, even if the data in them is trashed.

Larry

On 5/12/08, Charles Marcus <CMarcus media-brokers com> wrote:
On 5/12/2008, Larry Dickson (ldickson cuttedge com) wrote:
> A way around all this overprotectiveness would be highly appreciated.

It is not 'over-protectiveness'... I would call it 'highly *desired*
protectiveness'.

A workaround has already been provided...

--

Best regards,

Charles