[linux-lvm] disk striping

Hello,

I use lvm in a mainframe environment, with small ECKD disks (maximum model 54, aprox. 45 GB). So to create a big volume a I need a lot of disks. I'm going to create one with 35 physical volumes. I have doubts about striping, particularly deciding the number of stripes in such case (35 PVs in one storage array rank -yeah, not good-), and the drawbacks in administration tasks ( growing and limitations adding pvs to a stripped volume).

The use of striping is recommended because of performance improvement:

http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/linux390/perf/tuning_rec_dasd_volMan.html

Thanks for your suggestions