[linux-lvm] lvs / pvs takes ages to execute under slight load

I noticed that various LVM commands, such as lvs, pvs, lvresize etc. can take several minutes to execute if I do a simple task like:

  dd if=/dev/vol/lv-snapshot of=/dev/vol/lv

Other than LVM commands, the machine is responsive and works fine.

Is it normal that LVM commands take so long to execute if we dd one volume (or snapshot volume) to another?

I have Debian Etch 4.0 and kernel 2.6.24.2.

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org