Re: [linux-lvm] Kernel panic - not syncing: No init found. Try passing init= option to,kernel

Hello!

Thank you for your reply

Heinz Mauelshagen escribió:

Any indication that the disk turned bad from before ?
Reboot and then the system crashed
Looks like it either did and your single copy of the LVM1 metadata
went south
-or-
the metadata got corrupted somehow differently.

And then:

Kernel panic - not syncing: No init found. Try passing init= option to
kernel.

Expected kernel behaviour w/o root fs.

If I boot with a rescue disk and I type "lvdisplay", LV UUID is "000000-00....".

LVM1 didn't have UUIDs on LVs, that's why.
Can you access the VG from the rescue disk and access your data alright ?
Yes, I can access.

How can I recover the system?

If the disk's intact, and you better prove that by running access tests
on /dev/sda from your rescue disk, you have to restore the metadata from
backup using pvcreate+vgcfgrestore. See man vgcfgrestore for details.

If I type "pvcreate /dev/sda2", can I lose the data?

Thanks