Re: [linux-lvm] reading lun snapshots with identical lvm information on them on one machine

On Tue, Nov 04, 2008 at 07:23:39PM -0600, James A. Dinkel wrote:
> I have 4 san luns attached to a RedHat EL 5.2 server. Each partitioned with a
> single lvm partition, making up a single volume group. I've created a
> snapshot of these luns on the san and reattached the 4 snapshot luns back to
> the same server.

Making sure you know which are original and which are snapshot, run pvchange -u
on the snapshot ones, then vgchange -u and vgrename.

Use a filter in lvm.conf (env var LVM_SYSTEM_DIR to use different one if this is
an automated process, not a one-off) or with --config on each command so only
the snapshot devices are visible.

Alasdair
--
agk redhat com