RE: [linux-lvm] reading lun snapshots with identical lvm informationon them on one machine

-----Original Message-----
From: Alasdair G Kergon
Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2008 7:31 PM

Making sure you know which are original and which are snapshot, run
pvchange -u on the snapshot ones, then vgchange -u and vgrename.
<snip>

Alasdair

What does the '-u' do on pvchange and vgchange?  I couldn't find it in
the man pages.  Other than that question, I think I understand.  This
will be part of a script, so I will probably have the script create a
temporary config file and then use the --config option with each
command.

James Dinkel
Computer Services, Butler County of Kansas