Re: [linux-lvm] pvmove and 100% IO Wait

> Might not be, but if an operation involves multiple disks it will
> probably go at the pace of the slowest disk, which for me has always
> been USB...
I agree about the speed- but not with the issue of hanging. When pvmove
works the IO load is moderate (about 20% or less). But when it hangs it
jumps up to 100% on one or more cores.

I ran into similar issues when attempting a pvmove with clustered VG's under CLVMD.  I had to change the clustered VG to non-clustered and then I could do the pvmove.  You didn't mention clusters, but thought I would share my experiences.

-Jeremy