[linux-lvm] Moving Xen LV to image and mounting the image.

Hello All!

I have been trying to solve a problem.  In my current scenario I created on our SAN multiple volume groups with a single logical volume on each taking the entire groups space.  I realized that I made a mistake and did not leave room for doing snapshots.  Now I am moving each of the LV's to a new single large logical group and leaving space for snap shots.  So then I realized that I could do a "dd" to an image file (example: "dd if=/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 of=/root/wdcdns1.img").  I was wondering if there was a way to mount this image file?  I can't seem to mount it no matter what I do.  Am I doing this correctly?

Thanks for any help!

---

Chris Edwards