Re: [linux-lvm] pvresize complains about too many metadata

2008/11/30 Stuart D. Gathman <stuart bmsi com>:
> Fabio Coatti wrote:
>> Hi all, I'm playing a bit with lvm/raid on linux, (on a pretty
>> experimental box) and now I'm facing a problem that leaves me a bit
>> stuck
>>
>> Basically, I've a volume group based on several mdraid partition
>> (vg1  with md0/md1/md4 as pvs)
>>
>> recently I've increased the size of md1/md4 arrays by adding more
>> disks and /proc/mdstats shows that the operation was successful.
>>
> Why not just add another md device?

Sorry? I've added one disk to a raid5 array, I can't figure out how I
can add more md devices.
basically, the question is: given a correct and successful operation
on the underlying block device, why lvm is complaining about too much
metadata? is there any way to fix this behaviour?