[linux-lvm] [IMPORTANT]LVM+iSCSI issue..Local Disk disappeared..

himanshu padmanabhi himanshu.padmanabhi at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 13:20:27 UTC 2008

I am using "iscsi-initiator-utils-6.2.0.865-0.2.fc7" as initiator and
"iscsitarget-0.4.15-1" as target.

Following is the scenario

*PV  =  local_disk1       remote_disk1  (i.e PV is formed using 2 disks
1 local and 1 from iscsitarget)
*

* VG  =  Vgname
*

* LV =  lv_localdisk_1       lv_localremotedisk1
lv_remotedisk1 (i.e. 1 lv only from local disk,1 from remote
iscsitarget and one from combination of both)
*

I performed "logout" operation on "remote_disk1" after deactivating
"lv_localremotedisk1 and           lv_remotedisk1" on it using
"lvchange" command.

Then result I should at least get,

*PV  =  local_disk1    (remote_disk1 is removed now)
*

* VG = Vgname
*

* LV = lv_localdisk1     (So LVs containing PVs as "remote_disk1" are
deactivated.It can be in combination with local disk also) *

Still confused about  "lv_localremotedisk1"?Local disk part would also
lost here till I again login to that target.

But the result was

*PV =
VG =
LV =
*

i.e They all were lost temporarily.

When I logged in to the same target and activated the LVs on
"remote_disk1",I got my original configuration.i.e.

*PV  =  local_disk1       remote_disk1  (i.e PV is formed using 2 disks
1 local and 1 from iscsitarget)
*

* VG  =  Vgname
*

* LV =  lv_localdisk_1       lv_localremotedisk1
lv_remotedisk1 (i.e. 1 lv only from local disk,1 from remote
iscsitarget and one from combination of both)*

Please help......

This should not happen.....right...

--
Thanks and Regards,