[linux-lvm] Need help with lost XFS file system

Jonathan Brassow jbrassow at redhat.com
Fri Oct 24 15:40:16 UTC 2008

Seems like you have some xfs issues.  I hate to punt you over to them
directly (xfs at oss.sgi.com) without knowing for sure that the problem
is not with LVM (they probably wouldn't like that much either :).

So, I would say if you can activate the logical volume and you can
read from the whole thing, then you know the problem lies in the file
system.  You must be sure that the logical volume is mapped correctly
though.  You can check that by doing a 'dmsetup table', or 'lvs -a -o
+devices'.

  brassow