[linux-lvm] clvmd locking disabled

Milan Broz mbroz at redhat.com
Wed Oct 29 11:39:25 UTC 2008

Stepan Kadlec wrote:
> one more report:
>
> # vgscan
> File descriptor 3 (/dev/tty) leaked on vgscan invocation. Parent PID
> 3389: bash
> File descriptor 5 (/dev/pts/1) leaked on vgscan invocation. Parent PID
> 3389: bash
> File descriptor 7 (pipe:[9066]) leaked on vgscan invocation. Parent PID
> 3389: bash

So the calling application (bash) forgot to close some descriptors
(running lvm in mc shell usually produces this:-)

That's just warning, lvm close all descriptors, you can ignore these messages.
(and if the parent process is clvmd, it is bug in clvmd and we should fix it :)

>    Unknown locking type requested.
>    Locking type 3 initialisation failed.

Locking type 2 and 3 are cluster locking
Type 2 is for external locking library, 3 is internal (compiled-in)

For type 3 you should use  --with-cluster=internal in configure.
(you can still switch type 2 with this setting, but if you do not
use own locking library, it is probably not needed).

Milan
mbroz at redhat.com