Re: [linux-lvm] Recovering LVM partition after OS reinstallation

hanocri napsal(a):
Sorry, I made a terrible mistake!
After your suggestions I've dumped (using dd) some first sectors of
/dev/dm-6 to check what is in header and I noticed LUKS label.
At least my my post did help in some way :-)
I totally forgot that whole partition was encrypted (it used to be
unlocked by external keyfile). So I unlocked partition first and after
that activated LVM.
All volumes are here, healthy and intact.
Congratulations. (Not a terrible mistake after all)
About "lvroot" volume - it was never in use. I planned to install
other distribution here, but I never did.
Root filesystem is on non-lvm partition.

Again sorry for this stupid mistake and thank you for your help.

You are welcome

Jaroslav Stava