Re: [linux-lvm] Mirrored LV

On Tue, 2008-09-16 at 14:57 -0700, malahal us ibm com wrote:
> Yes, it makes sense for temporarily gone devices. Otherwise use corelog
> for your lvcreate command and you should be able to create mirrored LV.

OK, I get that. So, when using corelog, I won't risk loosing data.

But, when using corelog, what would be the expected delay at bootup?

Also, if I use a log on disk, what happens if I put it on the same disk
as either the master or the copy? And, if I do that, should it be on
it's own PV, or on it's own LV?

Best,
Koen