Re: [linux-lvm] Mirrored LV

On Tue, 2008-09-16 at 14:57 -0700, malahal us ibm com wrote:
> Koen Vermeer [koen vermeer tv] wrote:
> > If I understand you correctly, you're statements are about when the
> > 'other device' is failing. Is this right? If so, then the log should
> > normally show that everything is synced. In that case, it's not of much
> > use in normal operation. Now, when one disk fails, I need to replace it,
> > and rebuild the mirror. So again, I don't need it, because I have to
> > copy everything anyway. Only when a disk is temporarily gone, it may be
> > of some use. Does this make sense?
> Yes, it makes sense for temporarily gone devices. Otherwise use corelog
> for your lvcreate command and you should be able to create mirrored LV.

I tried converting my lv to a mirrored one with --corelog, which worked
perfectly. However, after a reboot, the mirror is being recreated, which
takes quite some time and leaves me with a largely unresponsive system.

Is there some way around this? Would having the log on the master disk
fix this? If so, does it need it's own PV or LV or neither?

Thanks!

Koen