[linux-lvm] mirror legs order and priority (2)

daniele klipperk at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 14:29:44 UTC 2008

Greetings everyone,
I have recently changed one of the mirrored-legs-hard-drives and substituted
it with a faster, bigger HD.
Now does it matter which leg is the first one?
I mean the home_mimage_0, right now is not on the fastest, and newer(thus
more reliable), hard drive. Does it matter? If so, is there a way to quick
switch it?
Anyway when I added the new HD to the mirror-legs, the first leg was chosen
to be on an old disk regardless of the order in which I provided
"/dev/mirror_disk1   /dev/mirror_disk2   /dev/mirror_log" to lvcovert -m1.
Also when I do lvconvert a mirrored LV to an m0 linear one, how can I choose
which of the legs has to become the linear LV? So far it seems that with
"lvconvert -m0 vg00/home" the 'first' leg, is automatically chosen to be the
one(which is home_mimage_0). (That might not be what one wants at times, and
pvmoving the linear LV after the lvconversion would be really a waste of
resources and disk efforts).

Thanks for any help or info on all this,
Best regards, Daniele.