Re: [linux-lvm] lvm over loop device

Ok, I'll try your snapshots idea.
Is it possible to mount such a snapshot like it's an image?

2008/9/26 Stuart D. Gathman <stuart bmsi com>
geert Geurts wrote:
> ps. for people interested, I'm trying to create a disk of allot of
> small virtual disks so I can create a encrypted partition on for
> instance gmailfs and minimalize up/download time on changes.
> Pretty cool if it's possible no?
I think a better solution might be to keep the encrypted fs on a single
normal LV.  Take a snapshot and send to remote.  Keep the snapshot
around.  On next upload, take a 2nd snapshot, and send the diff between
the two snapshots.  The diff can be efficiently computed from the COW
tables - accessible as dw-nn devices.  After sending the diff, delete
the 1st snapshot and go back to "keep snapshot around".