[linux-lvm] RE: using lvm mirroring in clusters

AZZOPARDI Konrad azzopardi at eib.org
Tue Apr 7 13:22:21 UTC 2009

 Hi list,

I am quite new to RedHAt clustering and I am experimenting with RedHat 5.3. I read that LVM mirrors are now supported in cluster mode. At our work place we have two datacentres and each DC has an HDS SAN. The idea is that I put two cluster nodes in each DC and each node will be presented with two multipathed block devices say /dev/dm-5 and /dev/dm-6. How can I create 2 mirrored LVs out of a volume group {comprising the two devices} and assuring that the mirrors are spread between the two devices {to give me the assurance that if one DC is down, data is available in the other device}

Thanks
konrad

Les informations contenues dans ce message et/ou ses annexes sont
reservees a l'attention et a l'utilisation de leur destinataire et peuvent etre
confidentielles. Si vous n'etes pas destinataire de ce message, vous etes
informes que vous l'avez recu par erreur et que toute utilisation en est
interdite. Dans ce cas, vous etes pries de le detruire et d'en informer la
Banque Europeenne d'Investissement.

The information in this message and/or attachments is intended solely for
the attention and use of the named addressee and may be confidential. If
you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have
received this transmittal in error and that any use of it is prohibited. In
such a case please delete this message and kindly notify the European
Investment Bank accordingly.