Re: [linux-lvm] Will LVM2 ever be able to do striped mirrors "raid 10"? >>> Use HARDWARE RAID CONTROLLERS

Axel Werner wrote:
Why you need RAID 10 at all ?
Because my data is important to me, and I need it quickly.
Usualy because the need of performance and additiona redundancy/fault tollerance. So if u need performance a "Software RAID Solution" would always be a bad choice.
Why? Do you have any benchmarks that show that software raid is slower than hardware raid?

Anyway, still doesn't answer my question.