Re: [linux-lvm] re-activate lv after reboot ?

Edward Choi wrote:
On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 11:47 PM, vu pham <vu sivell com> wrote:
My server uses iscsiadm to access a remote iscsi device. VG and LV are
created on that device and can be accessed just fine.
The problem is after reboot, the LVs are in inactive mode and I have to run
vgchange -a y to activate the VG on the iscsi device or to put that command
/etc/rcd./rc.local.

Is there any way to automatically to activate those LVs/VGs when the iscsi
device starts ?

First make sure node.startup is set to automatic in /etc/iscsi/iscsi.conf. Then
you can edit /etc/fstab and mount your lv using _netdev.

Hi Ed, thanks for your reply. I did not say clearly in my original post. The server accesses this iscsi device as the back-end disk device for some domUs so it never mounts the LVs as system files.

Vu