[linux-lvm] CLVM mirror LV Recovery

Arthur MEßNER arthur.messner at tilak.at
Thu Apr 23 12:17:44 UTC 2009

Hello,

We have two Datacenters with two HP EVA Storage Arrays.

We installed RH Cluster ( two Nodes ) and presented each
Node 50GB from each Storage Array.

Then created PV, VG and mirrored LV on top of this.
( formatted the resulting Block Device with GFS2 )

If i simulate Storage Failure ( unpresent LUN )
the Disk access will stuck for about 1 Minute,
then restarts.

Seems OK, but the failed PV is removed from the VG.
Linear LV, no more mirror available.

Storage 1 | Storage 2
LUN 1     | LUN 2
----------------------
Fabric A and Fabric B
NODE 1    | Node 2
LUN1, LUN2| LUN1, LUN2
PV1 , PV2 | PV1 , PV2
VG        | VG
LV-MIRROR | LV-MIRROR

How can i readd this PV, and get a consistent mirrored LV ?
I supposed that the LV resyncs after the failed PV is reactivated,
was this a false assumption ?