Re: [linux-lvm] Re: Re: Re: Problems with dissapearing PV when mounting (Stuart D. Gathman)

Johan Gardell [gardin gmail com] wrote:
> Ok, but why is that? I haven't changed anything on the LV. The output of
> lvdisplay -m shows that i have physical volumes extents right? (but
> /dev/gardin does not exist at all)

"lvdisplay -m" shows what is in LVM metadata. The LVs just fail to
activate in your case (root and swap_1). Since the LVM commands
(lvdisplay) are able to read the metadata without any errors, I would
assume that *some other software* on your machine openede the needed PVs
before LVM did, so LVM is unable to activate the LVs (aka unable to load
the mapping tables).

Thanks, Malahal.