[linux-lvm] Is my xen hosting tech support misleading me?

Hello.

Attached is a question I've asked my xen hosting provider's technical
support and the answer they've supplied.

Sam sais "There is no LVM module available, so you would need to compile
LVM by yourself from the Xen kernel sources." but I've no problem
needed. So is he just wrong?

Thanks.
--- Begin Message ---
Hello,

Thank you for your patience.

There is no LVM module available, so you would need to compile LVM by yourself from the Xen kernel sources.

You will then need to activate the module.

You should be able to find the appropriate help online.

I am at your disposal should you need any further information.

Best regards,
Sam

---------------------------------------
Are you satisfied with the quality of the reply you received?
YES: http://www.gandi.net/faq/feedback/yes
NO: http://www.gandi.net/faq/feedback/no

I would like to give more detailed feedback: http://www.gandi.net/faq/feedback
---------------------------------------

Help about hosting / aide sur l'h├ębergement: http://wiki.gandi.net/

GANDI
http://www.gandi.net

--------------------------------------
Product     : hosting
Category    :
Question    :
FirstName   : Shachar
LastName    : Or
CompanyName :
Email       : dawnlight lavabit com
Domain      :
DomainNB    :
Handle      : SO866-GANDI
Anciennet  :
Transaction :
Message     : Hello.

This is a technical question about a problem I'm experiencing with LVM on my virtual server.

The issue is that logical volumes are not activated on bootup. This prevents me from using /etc/fstab to mount them.

root shacharor:~# lvdisplay | grep 'LV Status' && udevtrigger && udevsettle && lvdisplay | grep 'LV Status'
  LV Status              NOT available
  LV Status              available
root shacharor:~#

This shows that udev handles logical volumes correctly and does activate them. But why doesn't it do it on bootup?

Thanks.

--- End Message ---