[linux-lvm] Problem With LVM mirroring

Prateek Donni prateek.donni at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 21:34:46 UTC 2009

I am trying to mirror a logical Volume with only one duplicate copy.
I have a 2 hard drives.
I have a PV on the second hard drive and one on an USB drive. as follows:

 --- Physical volume ---
  PV Name               /dev/sda8
  VG Name               Group
  PV Size               7.81 GB / not usable 1.09 MB
  Allocatable           yes
  PE Size (KByte)       4096
  Total PE              2000
  Free PE               2000
  Allocated PE          0
  PV UUID               sLSoCU-4tMO-z1fk-royV-r8ND-PcoF-c0Wza5

  --- Physical volume ---
  PV Name               /dev/sdc
  VG Name               Group
  PV Size               3.77 GB / not usable 4.00 MB
  Allocatable           yes
  PE Size (KByte)       4096
  Total PE              963
  Free PE               963
  Allocated PE          0
  PV UUID               IWIYlR-UuGy-kFo6-E1j1-qu1B-7KfI-beAjhF

On top of this i have a VG also consisting of these two PVs.
I would like to know how can i make a LV in this which is mirroed with
only one Duplicate copy. As in an original and a copy of the original.

I have been unable to even create a LV of size 500M using this.
Kindly Help.

Thanks,
Prateek