Re: [linux-lvm] lvm2 specificiation

Alasdair G Kergon wrote:
On Thu, Feb 05, 2009 at 01:54:00PM -0800, Vinay Srini wrote:
I have a requirement to mount multiple volume groups with the same name (VolGroup00, as that is the most popular default name), without first using vgrename (because something might go wrong, and I may not be able to restore the name back).
It was an early design decision that every VG on a system should have a
different name.  Departures from that won't get supported - because it's so
simple to choose different names!

How do you move drives around among machines then, if they have been created with the default names that will conflict?

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell gmail com