[linux-lvm] Recovering data from lost /dev/vg

Hi,

Is there any way to recover data from lost /dev/vg?
The story is as follows :
The  linux server was connected to external storage  and a volume group (namely /dev/vdisks) was created out of 8 LUNs from the storage.
For some reasons the presentation to the server was lost.
Representation was done and the server recognizes all the 8 LUNS but not the volume group.
Found that /dev/vdisks was gone.

We need to recover the data, but to my understanding (i have a bit knowledge of hpux) what need to be done is to recreate the /dev/vdisks and reimport the volume.
Unfortunately, i don't know how to do it in linux.

Could someone provide me step by step information on how i can get back the data?
FYI, there is no backup for the data and pvscan showed no devices found.

Thanks,

jcipto