Re: [linux-lvm] Dead device and cleaning up LVM

Ray Van Dolson wrote:
Anyone know how I can remove this device both from the system and from
LVM safely?  I can reboot, but saving that as a last resort if
possible.

You don't mention the name of your VG/LV but you should be able to remove the active lvm devices with "dmsetup remove", e.g.:

dmsetup remove $VG-$LV

For each LV in each VG that was using the iSCSI devices.

Also, any best practices or suggestions for using iSCSI backed block
devices as volgroup members would be appreciated.  I'm worried about
LVM not recognizing the volume group of physical volumes correctly on
reboots...

You might need to label any file system mounts in /etc/fstab with "_netdev" and enable the netfs service to have the VGs automatically activated/mounted at boot time.

Regards,
Bryn.