Re: [linux-lvm] dm-merge: userspace tool to merge copy-on-write exception table

On Mon, 2009-02-09 at 13:30 +0100, hondza wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Back in 2008 there was a thread about merging/reverting snapshots
> (http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.lvm.general/9899).

Yes, indeed.  This (the StatelessLinux/CachedClient) project is what I
immediately thought of reading your message.

> I liked the idea very much so I made a simple C tool to do so. Thanks to
> Lars for describing how it works.

But how/why is it any different than the above project?

Speaking of the
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/StatelessLinux/CachedClient project,
anyone know what the status is on those patches waiting upstream review
now for almost (over?) a year now?

Cheers,
b.