[linux-lvm] Local + iSCSI disks

Looking for thoughts on a VolGroup and LV made up of both local and
remote, iSCSI attached disks.  Obviously it will work, but are there
any settings or "gotchas" I should be aware of with this configuration?
Obviously a speed penalty...

I know I could also aggregate with the md driver and set things up to
do writes/reads to a specific disk depending on whether or not its
local, etc.  Anything like that in the LVM world?

Thanks,
Ray