Re: [linux-lvm] Can't mount or run fdisk on an existing logical volume, help!

On 2009-07-22 00:41, Adam Olsen wrote:
On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 11:26 PM, Ron Johnson<ron l johnson cox net> wrote:
But doesn't fdisk only work on *physical* block devices?

IOW, why fdisk an lv ?

No, it works on logical volumes too.  You still need to create
partitions even on the logical ones.

Why didn't I have to?  This has always worked for me:

# mkfs.${TYPE} /dev/some_vg/some_lv

--
Scooty Puff, Sr
The Doom-Bringer