Re: [linux-lvm] S.I. and consistent units

The functional changes are as follows:
- Users and programs currently checking the output of LVM have to
distinguish between either IEC or SI units. Currently LVM prints K, KB
and Kilobyte for SI and IEC units depending on what they passed in
--units. With the patch applied LVM prints K, KB and Kilobyte for SI
units and k, KiB and Kibibyte for IEC units.
- Users and programs currently passing LVM the uppercase size suffixes
are now telling LVM to treat that value as SI unit whereas now LVM
treats lower and uppercase suffixes as IEC (binary based unit).

Consider this as an improved version of my initial patch with the fixes
you wanted applied. Let's make another feedback session now. :-)

That's all I can think of now, I'm more than happy to investigate
further and react upon your requests and feedback.

--
Mierswa, Daniel

If you still don't like it, that's ok: that's why I'm boss. I simply
know better than you do.
               --- Linus Torvalds, comp.os.linux.advocacy, 1996/07/22