Re: [linux-lvm] how to enlarge a logical volume that is a virtual disk of a virtual machine that uses lvm too?

Alex Brett wrote:
I'm not sure if you could do it online or not (I can't see any
reason why not, but there may be issues), but you should just be
able to resize the LV (lvresize) in dom0 (obviously make sure you
enlarge it, not shrink it), then do a pvresize in the VM to enlarge
the PV to use all

Depending on the type of device and whether it is partitioned or not
it may not be possible to have the guest recognise the new size of the
device without a reboot.

Regards,
Bryn.