[linux-lvm] pvcreate and partition alignment

Greetings,

NetApp requires for best performance that all partitions be aligned to 4k boundaries to prevent "partial writes" and lost IOPS.  We are using LVM on un-partitioned devices.  The only response I can get out of NetApp is that, by not having a partition, the partition itself is not mis-aligned.

We are using a blocksize of 4096b for ext3.

Is there another "allocation" setting that we need to select for LVM specifically, to ensure alignment to this 4k NetApp boundary?

Thanks,
Eugene