[linux-lvm] Re: liblvm IOCTL/sysfs interface

> I  would like to know if there is any means currently to know the complete
> geometry of a LVM volume.
> e.g, If a volume has 3 PV(targets).
> So, we should be able to extract some information like.
> Name of Volume.
> Name of Volume Group.
> Name, Range and size for each of the Physical devices involved.
[...]
> We do maintain these informations inside the kernel, We should atleast
> have an ioctl or sysfs based interface to extract
> these information.

Actually, IIUC only part of this info is kept in the kernel.
Intuitively, I'd expect that only the set of LVs, along with their size
(and mapping to physical blocks) is kept in the kernel, whereas all the
names are not, and neither are the volume groups.

        Stefan