[linux-lvm] Mounting lvm partition

Hi!

Here what I did:
Created VG (vg0) and LV (testntfs)
Share them using Iscsi Enterprise target.
Connect to them using my Windows PC and created NTFS fileystem on it.

Stop Iscsi Enterprise target.

Now I am trying to mount this partition on the Linux system.

Here what is happening when I tried to mount it.

zabbix:/etc# mount -t ntfs-3g /dev/vg0/testntfs /mnt
NTFS signature is missing.
Failed to mount '/dev/mapper/vg0-testntfs': Invalid argument
The device '/dev/mapper/vg0-testntfs' doesn't have a valid NTFS.
Maybe you selected the wrong device? Or the whole disk instead of a
partition (e.g. /dev/hda, not /dev/hda1)? Or the other way around?

I retried but instead of creating a NTFS FS, I formatted using FAT32

zabbix:/etc# mount -t vfat /dev/vg0/testntfs /mnt
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/mapper/vg0-testntfs,
      dmesg | tail  or so

I need to access this data for some backup purpose. Any idea?

Steve Lavoie
IT Consultant, MCP, A+, Network+, Linux+, VCP