[linux-lvm] Signal handling in clvmd

Xinwei Hu hxinwei at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 17:05:28 UTC 2009

Hi all,

  I'm running into a problem that clvmd sometimes take a long time to shutdown.
The clvmd itself is waiting for select to timeout in main_loop. But
since the SIGINT
(or SIGTERM) is handled in other threads, select is not interrupted as expected.

  The attached patch tries to mask SIGINT and SIGTERM in all other threads,
to make sure the signal is properly handled in the main_loop. This
helps to reduce
the chance that we are waiting meaninglessly.

  Would you please kindly review the patch ?